Today, QuickBooks Desktop stands as a leading accounting application. With a massive user count, QuickBooks Desktop is well-known all across the industries. Nevertheless, no matter how good QuickBooks Desktop is, in the end, it is also prone to errors and bugs. Through this blog, we will discuss QuickBooks error H303, which falls under the QuickBooks HXXX errors and arises when a user tries turning on multi-user mode in QuickBooks Desktop. The error message states, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” Many factors can cause QuickBooks Desktop error H303, which you will know beneath, along with the ways that can be followed to fix it.
For immediate assistance to troubleshoot QuickBooks error H303, you can get in contact with our QuickBooks officials at +1-855-856-0042.
What leads to QuickBooks Desktop Error H303?
QuickBooks Desktop Error H303 generally occurs when one or more workstations are mistakenly set as the server for QuickBooks. Numerous other reasons can also lead to it, such as:
- The Firewall’s security setup is not letting QuickBooks Desktop access the network.
The perfect guide in fixing the QuickBooks Error c 224.
What should you do to troubleshoot QuickBooks error H303?
Solution 1: Manually fix the multi-user hosting settings of QuickBooks
1. On one of your workstations, run QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Instead of opening the company file, choose the File menu.
3. From the drop-down list, choose the Utilities option.
4. Find the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option and choose it.
5. If you spot the Host Multi-User Access option, neglect it.
6. Go through the above directives on the rest of your workstations.
7. On your server computer, run QuickBooks Desktop.
8. From the top bar, choose the File menu.
9. Pick the Utilities option in the drop-down menu.
10. Find the Host Multi-User Access option and choose it.
11. If you spot the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option, neglect it.
If you still face QuickBooks error H303, try the next solution.
You may read this short guide: QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013
Solution 2: Manually fix the Firewall’s security setup on your server computer
1. On your server computer, unfold the Windows Start menu first.
2. Pick Windows Firewall from the programs.
3. Select Advanced Settings from the options (at the left pane).
4. Click right the Inbound Rules option and then choose the New Rule option.
5. From the given options, choose Port and then select the Next button.
6. Ensure TCP is marked in the options.
7. For Specific local ports, fill up the particular port number required for your QuickBooks year version.
8. After filling up the port number, choose the Next option.
9. From the given options, choose to Allow the Connection and then select the Next option.
10. If prompted, ensure all profiles are check-marked. Choose the Next option.
11. Make a new rule and title it in the manner “QBPorts(year).”
12. Choose the Finish option.
13. Go through the directions given above again to make outbound rules.
Hopefully, you will fix QuickBooks error H303 by following the above troubleshooting ways. If you fail to do so, then QB Database Server Manager may not work on your server computer. Hence, we advise you to run QB Database Server Manager on your server computer. For additional help fixing QuickBooks Desktop error H303, you can contact our QuickBooks officials at +1-855-856-0042.
Some short readings: QuickBooks Error 1722