Southeast Asia Personal Protective Equipment Industry Overview
The Southeast Asia personal protective equipment market size was estimated at USD 2.69 billion in 2019 and is projected to expand at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.1% from 2020 to 2027.
Growing awareness regarding worker health and safety coupled with increasing industrial fatalities, primarily in the emerging economies, owing to lack of protective gear is also anticipated to steer the growth of the market for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Additionally, regulatory agencies in Southeast Asia are enforcing stringent norms on employers in order to make it compulsory to ensure worker safety on account of increasing hazards in these regions. Southeast Asia PPE market is expected to witness significant during the forecast period on account of growing demand from chemical and oil and gas industries.
In Indonesia, the overall growth is projected to increase across all infrastructure sectors in the country. Indonesia planned to invest more than USD 400 billion for the period 2020 to 2024 for infrastructural developments. Thus, the construction and infrastructure industry anticipated significant growth in the country, which in turn, projected to boost the demand for PPE in the country over the forecast period.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Southeast Asia Personal Protective Equipment Market
Safety regulations are expected to be the key factors driving the PPE market in Southeast Asia over the forecast period. Durable protective clothing such as flame retardant apparel, chemical defending garments, and mechanical protective clothing, are gaining importance in industries such as foundry, chemical processing, metal forming, construction, and oil and gas.
Technological advancements coupled with growing concern toward employee health and safety are anticipated to provide lucrative opportunities for market participants over the next few years. Product innovation and usage of sustainable raw materials for PPE manufacturing are further projected to positively impact market expansion over the forecast period.
Increasing eco-friendly products and cleaner process demand among personal protective equipment manufacturers is expected to lead to the development of innovative manufacturing processes. Furthermore, these initiatives are expected to increase the consumer rating of branded manufacturers committed to using environmentally preferable alternatives rather than petroleum-based plastics.
Browse through Grand View Research's Smart Textiles Industry Research Reports.
- Personal Protective Equipment Market - The global personal protective equipment market size was valued at USD 77.36 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.3% from 2020 to 2028. Increasing awareness regarding hygiene to avoid transmission of pathogens in healthcare facilities is expected to drive the demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) over the forecast period.
- Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market - The global healthcare personal protective equipment market size was valued at USD 22.96 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.1% from 2020 to 2028. The rising product demand, especially from the healthcare industry, due to the global Covid-19 pandemic, coupled with rising awareness about Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs), is likely to drive the market growth.
Southeast Asia Personal Protective Equipment Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the Southeast Asia personal protective equipment market based on product, end-use, and region:
- Southeast Asia Personal Protective Equipment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Head, Eye Face Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Protective Clothing
- Heat flame protection
- Chemical defending
- Clean room clothing
- Mechanical protective clothing
- Limited general use
- Respiratory Protection
- Air Purifying Respirator
- Supplied Air Respirator
- Protective Footwear
- Fall Protection
- Hand Protection
- Disposable Gloves
- By Type
- General Purpose
- Chemical Handling
- Clean Room / Sterile
- By Material
- Natural Rubber/Latex
- Durable Gloves
- Mechanical gloves
- Chemical handling
- Thermal/flame retardant
- By Type
- Disposable Gloves
- Southeast Asia Personal Protective Equipment End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Oil Gas
- Southeast Asia Personal Protective Equipment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Southeast Asia
- Southeast Asia
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the Southeast Asia personal protective equipment market include:
- Ansell Ltd.
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Alpha Pro Tech Limited
- Delta Plus Group
- Uvex Safety Group
- Mallcom (India) Ltd
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Top Glove Corporation Bhd
- ATG® - Intelligent Glove Solutions
- Towa Corporation
- Hartalega Holdings Berhad
Order a free sample PDF of the Southeast Asia Personal Protective Equipment Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519